Figuring out TikTok Ads
TikTok is the new advertising product on the block and their “feedback” from marketers is starting to emerge. Here are some points discovered by Savannah Sanchez regarding TikTok Ads. Have a look:
- Unlike Facebook or Google, you have to prepay for your ads.
- The pixel can only report 1-day click metrics. This means it only attributes conversions that happen right away. We discussed more about the TikTok algorithm and pixel here, though.
- You can’t build custom audiences based on emails and phone numbers. In other words, no audiences exclusions.
- The platform has its own version of Dynamic Creative Testing, which is similar to the feature used by Facebook.
A new AR ad format
In addition, TikTok is getting ready to launch a new augmented reality (AR) ad format called AR Brand Effect.
What does it do? According to Digiday, “AR brand effect” ad will allow TikTok users to add (branded) interactive visual effects from advertisers to their TikTok videos that interact with the physical environment around them, according to people familiar with the plans.”
A clear swipe at Snapchat’s AR capabilities.
Create more detailed subscriber profiles with the click of a button
Sounds too good to be true, right? Is it really done with just the click of a button? Yes, literally, because this is a tip about using profile property buttons.
What are profile property buttons? They are buttons (duh) which, when clicked by a reader, updates their profile with a certain property.
This can be as simple as how often they wish to receive your emails, or they can be as complex as making them an integral part of a personalized sales sequence where angles, designs and products change.
The team at Hustler Marketing provided a cool example for how they used this in their Halloween sequence to segment recipients based on their plans.
Using such buttons (or links) helps in two ways:
- You create a more detailed user profile where you can personalize your messages. This can be frequency, angles or products or a variety of other options.
- You create more engagement, which means better deliverability and open rates. In the example above, the CTR increased by 50% relative to the control version.
Simple. Efficient. Underused.
The only piece of bad news is that not all email software has such a personalization feature.
Brands & affiliate networks, this is a tracking platform that affiliates will actually like to use
Emebo is the affiliate tracking and management platform you should test now. Most, if not all, platforms in the space stopped innovating and kept some audacious pricing models, Emebo wants to shake things up.
They first announced access to private beta sometime ago and this is the final call. It closes in 30 days.
Here’s what Emebo does differently and better than others.
- Reports for paybacks, net revenue from each affiliate and countless performance or general reports are there.
- Easy integrations with various 3rd party processing systems like ClickBank, BuyGoods and more, based on your needs. Sign up here to tell the team what you need.
- Design creatives directly from the platform, or have your affiliates submit new ones by doing the same thing. No more annoying creative approval messages.
- Affiliates can upload their own invoices. Wouldn’t you love it if you could make sure all affiliates have submitted their invoices right inside the platform, before you initiate their payment?
- Onboarding wizard for you, your employees and your affiliates.
- There’s no monthly plan. No setup or hidden fees and without a minimum period contract. It’s all pay as you go.
Whether a brand manager, an affiliate network, an advertiser or even an affiliate, we strongly encourage you to test out this tracker that brings performance tracking for affiliates, advertisers and affiliate networks to 2020 standards!
Growing site visitors by 6x in two of the most competitive niches
This is an SEO case study about two of the most competitive niches on the planet: sports betting and crypto-currency.
It shares some key insights on how they grew their search traffic from 5k to 30k per month in Brazil, a huge and often under-served market.
This gave them:
- Two big pools of high-volume keywords to choose from.
- One small pool of niche-relevant, high converting keywords.
The Ahrefs Keyword Explorer tool came in handy to do this keyword research which allowed them to:
- Increase the keyword density.
- Add more keywords to header tags and metadata.
- Add relevant keywords from Surfer SEO.
- Rework the internal linking to use relevant anchor text.
- Add and extend relevant content to use keywords.
- Optimise the backlink anchor texts.
They also realized that generic, high-volume keywords had a lot of big players with big budgets competing for traffic and such keywords also had a huge bounce rate. Hence, they focused on low-volume keywords that were more prolific.
Tools used for this: Ahrefs, SEMrush, Keyword Shitter & Keywordtool.io.
+ Link Building: Even the link building was easier, faster and cheaper in Brazil than in English speaking markets. All they had to do was to focus on outreach emails and blog posts, and that gave them access to a market with limitless link building potential.
+ Anchor text Strategy: They used five different types of anchor texts:
- Exact match: Specific target keywords.
- Phrase match: Expanded variations of the target keywords.
- Brand name: Exact match of the business name.
- Variations: Variations of business related keywords.
- Keyword branded: A mix of target keywords with the brand.
+ Tiered Link Building: This is a modern day link building method that involves building links to existing links in order to increase the authority of pages linking to your content.
This whole setup helped them grow their site visitors by 6x, but there’s more than meets the eye here. Check out the original post by Search Logistics here to get into the details of the case study.
- FACEBOOK ADS: Two-factor authentication will be required to access your Business Manager starting on May 19, according to this Tweet by Ads Alchemist who heard the news from their rep.
- BUSINESS: Shanghai organized the Double Five shopping festival to recover some of the consumer spending that’s been lost due to the pandemic. And it worked! $2.2B in the first 24 hours.
- ZOOM: In order to further refine its back-end security system, Zoom acquired Keybase.
- BROWSER: Microsoft is partnering with Google to improve the Edge browser.
- FACEBOOK: Laura Gibler Ciannamea suggested some audiences stack ideas to test. You can find them here if you aren’t in the group.
I hit the tall miss the small. In a flash I am gone. What am I?
You can find the solution by clicking here.
Cool tech, (funny) business, lifestyle and all the other things affiliates like to chat about while sipping cocktails by the pool.
The International Space Station turns into a movie set
This isn’t an April Fools, no need to double-check your calendar.
Jim Bridenstine, NASA Administrator, Tweeted that Tom Cruise will work with the agency on a film aboard the International Space Station.
There are no details available just yet, except the answer to the one burning question on everybody’s mind… The answer is yes! Tom Cruise will actually be launched into space and stay aboard the station, according to a NASA spokesperson who confirmed it to CNN.
There’s no info on what the movie is or when exactly it will be filmed. All we can say is that we’re excited to see it happen!