An advanced BH campaign setup that netted $1M in 24-hours
Fasten your seat belts, because we’ve got a rollercoaster of a story for you as we look at this incredible investigation conducted by Confiant into an oceanic BH operation led by FizzCoin.
You might want to keep this read for the weekend, because Confiant’s findings are huge and they go into some incredible detail:
- They scraped their whole funnels: Clickbaits, fake celebrity-endorsed advertorial, conversion pages.
- 14M of celebrity-endorsed campaigns: FizzCoin conducted its operations in Italy, UK, Sweden, France, Spain, Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand. Remarkably, for Germany alone Confiant counted 14M of BH campaigns.
- They found ads run on three different large ad platforms, including Facebook.
- They found the domains used.
- They unveiled their whole cloaking system: These guys took cloaking to another level. Confiant unearthed their tactics of leveraging Revive Ad and UpRival to circumvent ad platforms. Yeah, they went into all the server levels they used.
That’s a lot of material! Have a nice read.
Reach more customers with Shopping campaigns, starting March
We’ve got some good news for those of you running Shopping campaigns on Google.
Google just announced new placements for Product Shopping and Showcase Shopping Ads. Starting March, these ads will be eligible to be shown on Gmail, YouTube and the Discover Feed.
Until now, running Smart Shopping campaigns was the only way to get Shopping Ads on Gmail.
How to make it work? Visit your Google Ads manager Interface and you will find the option to include YouTube, Gmail and Discover from the Networks section in your Shopping campaign settings.
Also, opting into Search Network now allows Shopping campaigns to be displayed in Image search.
Note: For those of you using APIs to manage your campaigns, you will need to set your Shopping campaign Network Settings to targetContentNetwork is true.
As far as reporting is concerned, your performance metrics from YouTube, Gmail and Discover will be lumped together, so unfortunately there is no way to check results on a platform-by-platform basis.
Reach: With this expansion to Gmail, YouTube and Discover, your Shopping campaigns can now potentially reach more users across a wider spectrum of the funnel.
Zoom Out: The best way to go about it is to segment your Shopping campaigns by Network to measure the performance of these properties under the Google Display Network.
Also, expect to see lower CTRs on Google Display Network traffic, because these impressions are likely reaching users higher in the funnel and with lower intent than Search traffic users.
Let’s see if (and by how much) this update expands your reach.
🇩🇪 The German way of tracking performance that will change the way you look at data… Plus a fah-ree ticket to Mobile World Congress!
vene dash is a performance marketing platform that allows Advertisers, Ad Networks & Publishers to manage offers, aggregate data and improve performance all within a single, streamlined system. And… they do it the German way, with accuracy and reliability!
What does this mean?
- Fraud protection and traffic blacklisting features are included: Send only good traffic and watch your relationship with your Advertises improve as you can always make sure fraudulent traffic sources are truly blocked.
- Destination site monitoring and URL Checker ensure all offer destinations are really valid.
- Easy migration thanks to the offer import function.
- Built-in Notification System: Keep all concerned parties up-to-date on offer status and forget about sending out dozens of manual emails.
- State-of-the-art billing feature: Never raise a manual invoice again!
- Expand your Publisher reach with vene dash’s new cryptocurrency payment feature, giving publishers the option to request their payment in crypto.
- Expert Account Managers providing more than just customer support.
They also put together an epic deal where for basically the price of an entry ticket to the Mobile World Congress 2020, you get a whole year of vene dash to use however your heart desires.
This is really a no-brainer if you have to manage a bunch of offers and publishers. The offer is only valid until February 23rd – DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE! Discover more about this all-in-one performance marketing solution.
vene dash is also a proud sponsor of the the Networking Garden in MWC2020 in Barcelona, just pop over to talk serious business right outside Hall 8.1.
First Q1 case study: Turning $45k into $136k within 30 days
Yo! This might be another good read for the weekend! We found this case study shared by Darío Todorov which talks about the rapid growth of a clothing store.
Background: The store started with a strong brand and a good user experience foundation, both of which were leveraged in ad messages.
Cold traffic was split into these phases:
Phase 1.1: This phase is about finding performing audiences. Here, he ran three campaigns:
- An ABO campaign testing five LLAs in five different ad sets. The seed audience of these five LLAs was the same. He just split tested different percentages of the same LLA.
- An ABO campaign running five different Interests in five different ad sets.
- An ABO campaign hitting a broad audience.
All three camps had a conversion objective optimized for Add To Cart or Initiate Checkout.
Phase 1.2: This was all about finding performing creatives. Here he took the best performing audiences and used them to split test creatives. He ran two campaigns, with each one containing five different ad sets.
Phase 2: In this phase, he grouped the best audiences and creatives tested in the previous phase, as well as adding more audiences built on the events recorded during the testing phase (IC audiences and ATC audiences.) He ran one final test to ensure he was using the best, most stable creatives.
Phase 3: The suggestion he gives here is that if you’re scaling with CBO and your audiences are below 500k, you need to be rotating between many creatives in order to avoid an audience overlap.
He finished off by talking in detail about creatives and copy. If this piqued your interest, you can head to the post here and find more!
- TWITTER: You can keep ignoring Twitter as much as you want, but it just reported its first ever $1B quarter while also achieving its highest user growth.
- INSTAGRAM: Too much drama going on on Instagram? You can use this new feature to reduce the clutter on your timeline – it allows you to manage the people you’ve interacted with the least over the past 90 days.
- BUSINESS: Join Steve Tan as he shares his recipe for making a business successful, from planning to marketing to timings to employees and everything else.
- TOOLS: Steven Kang has been on a roll over the last few weeks, finding new tools for SEO left, right and centre. Here’s another one from him which lets you find any website’s host info.
- CHROME: Chrome has been on a roll as well with its announcement of several new changes. Starting today, it will block mixed-content on secured (HTTPS) pages and will only load secure subresources by default.
Cool tech, (funny) business, lifestyle and all the other things affiliates like to chat about while sipping cocktails by the pool.
Mama, I’m coming home
Welcome back home, Christina Koch! We hope the journey from the top of the world was comfy enough for you.
Sälemetsiz be! We’re happy to have you in Kazakhstan.
Why are we going all gaga over this lady? Well, she just landed in Kazakhstan after setting the world record for the longest stay in space by a woman.
The US astronaut has just completed the second-longest stay in space, which saw her floating around the International Space Station for 328 consecutive days.
That’s second only to Scott Kelley’s mammoth 340-day stint up there, and she surpassed Peggy Whitson’s 289-day stay to make her the woman with the longest sustained period off Earth!
Most marketers campaigns don’t even last that long.
Her spacious tour included 5,248 orbits of the Earth, covering a distance of 139M miles while aboard the ISS.
She wasn’t cooped up inside for the whole time though – she completed six spacewalks, including her involvement in the first ever female only spacewalk alongside fellow astronaut Jessica Meir.
To the ladies reading this daily briefing, some great inspiration and more power to you all.