Want to make sure you get this newsletter on time?
We’ve been seeing more and more readers join us. If you are one of them, here’s what you need to do to get this newsletter on the dot every weekday.
If you use Gmail – move us to your primary inbox to make sure the newsletter doesn’t get buried in other tabs. Here’s how to do it:
- For mobile: In the top right corner of the app, hit those 3 dots, tap “Move to” then “Primary”
- For desktop: Go back, then drag and drop this email into the “Primary” tab. It should be the first on the left. Just like the animation below.
There’s a new Dynamic Ad in Facebook Town
It’s called “Dynamic Ads for Streaming” and its goal is to let video streaming brands showcase the right titles to the right audiences.
You are already familiar with Facebook’s usual Dynamic Ads, right? The one used by e-commerce sites to show different products to different audiences dynamically.
This is similar, but for streaming sites.
You can now generate unique ads for every streaming title on your website and Facebook will show the best content depending on what it thinks will convert.
Dynamic Ads for Streaming are available for all video streaming businesses worldwide.
Here’s a brand new ad format to increase your profits
Let us introduce you to a new ad format that’s more engaging and will likely grow your profits: The Social Bar by Adsterra!
It includes these ultra-engaging ad types: chats, surveys, messenger bubbles, in-page push, video teasers and animated banners.
It’s dynamic and customizable like no other ad format before it!
The Social Bar has shown 10-30x CTRs for verticals like dating, adult, software and gaming compared to web push ads. CPM and CPC pricing are available for self-serve clients, while CPA and RTB are open to managed accounts.
- Tons of genuine traffic worldwide
- A/B tests for up to 15 creatives
- Laser-focused targeting
- Vast reach including iOS users
- Mobile responsiveness
- 100% Google compliance
…and the best personal managers and the Partner Care team are at your service 24/7.
Adsterra is a global advertising network with stellar Partner Care. The ad network offers a broad range of ad formats, payment options, fast moderation, vertical-friendly policy, and specific targeting features.
Deposit and launch your campaign before May 6th and receive up to 30% bonus on your first spent deposit. (Valid for new Adsterrians only.)
- Use the promo code JMRXZXFF to receive free $100 on your minimum $400 deposit
- Use the promo code E4N8KD7K to receive free $300 on your minimum $1000 deposit
Can bots hurt your site?
Not when it comes to Google Search results, according to John Mueller. At least not directly.
A Twitter user, George John, asked John Mueller if the significant incoming bot traffic that is tagged as “organic” in Google Analytics could hurt his Search ranking.
The answer was clear: “That has no effect on Google Search”.
Now, that’s when it comes to direct effect – but there could be side-effects that Google doesn’t like. More specifically, a slower-loading website can hurt you.
Or, as Satinder Satsangi mentioned, these bots create automatic backlinks from their site to the crawled website with low Page Authority (PA) and Domain Authority (DA).
As an answer to this, John Mueller reiterated that Page Authority (PA) and Domain Authority (DA) have no effect on Google Search. This is probably one of his more controversial stances where it’s probably a case of “Google doesn’t directly factor that in but…” and you get to fill in the blanks.
The Crew’s thoughts: Don’t panic if bots crawl your website or you get low quality backlinks from them, but try to clean it up just in case.
The EX5 method to writing high-quality content
EX5 isn’t the real name. (But it would be cool if it was.)
It’s actually called the Animalz Method, because the Animalz team uses it to create top-notch content.
The process is made of five steps, all of which just happen to start with the letter E, hence EX5.
Here you go:
1) Examine your reader: Go beyond marketing personas. Know them like you know your friends. And for this scope, the best way is to meet them in real life.
These are some of the questions you want to ask them:
- What’s a typical day look like for you?
- What do you wish was different about your role?
- What LinkedIn groups, subreddits, Facebook groups are you a part of?
- What was the last thing you googled for work?
2) Explain your topic simply: You probably heard this maaaaany times, but it helps to write like you’re explaining your topic to a five year old. Note: This doesn’t mean you should assume your reader is stupid. Rather, it’s a function to force you to write simply.
3) Engage your reader: Your headline, the body, the formatting, the layout. Everything must be done keeping the reader in mind. You want to grab their attention and keep it through the whole piece.
Here are some suggestions:
- Find a surprising angle.
- Write headers that make the article easy to scan.
- Write a conclusion that offers something extra.
- Break up the text with images, lists, and charts.
4) Engineer a logical structure: Lead your reader from the beginning to the end, increasingly convincing them of your thesis. Don’t overlap your ideas and don’t leave out anything essential.
5) Earn your reader’s trust: Backup your statements with trustworthy content. Here are three ways to make your ideas trustable:
- Explain the science or mechanism behind your topic.
- Use math to build credibility.
- Stretch your reader’s imagination with new examples of something familiar.
MOBILE APPS: There’s a new app review process across AdMob and Ad Manager that you should be aware of.
WORDPRESS: Two Brainstorm Force plugins for Elementor had vulnerabilities that affected over 1M sites. Make sure you update them!
E-COMMERCE: Should you index a product page or not? Aleyda Solis has a simple flowchart to give you the answer for every situation.
CLUBHOUSE: The app rolled Payments, a monetization feature that allows users to send money to creators.
What is cut on a table, but is never eaten?
You can find the solution here.
Cool tech, (funny) business, lifestyle and all the other things marketers like to chat about while sipping cocktails by the pool.
Don’t go to this website if you like a simple user interface
If you think a pop-up is annoying, you haven’t seen anything yet.
This one browser game is a collection of all the most irritating dark patterns and bad UI/UX practices that you can think of… It’s hard to describe but let’s say if we had to complete this game or watch all of last year’s biggest fake guru ads, we’d choose the gurus.
It’s called User Inyerface and if you complete it then send us proof by replying to this email, we’ll give you a shoutout in the newsletter this week. That kind of dedication deserves a reward.
We don’t take blame for any devices that might be destroyed in the process.