Let’s deepen and strengthen our connection, shall we?
Whether you are new to Stacked Marketer or a follower of old, we want to make sure you get our daily newsletter on the dot. Here are three steps you can take to help with that:
Step 1: For Gmail users – Move us to your primary inbox to make sure you receive our newsletter every day.
- For mobile: In the top right corner of the app, hit those 3 dots, tap “Move to” then “Primary”
- For desktop: Go back, then drag and drop this email into the “Primary” tab. Should be the first on the left.
Step 3: Reply “Done!”(or with your favourite marketing joke) to this email.
WooCommerce stores under attack
Well, it’s not the first time WordPress or any of its plugins has seen attacks like these. However, what stands this apart from all previous attempts is the new approach being used.
The JS itself is a little difficult to understand, but one thing that’s clear is that this code saves both the CC number and the CVV in plain text in the form of cookies.
This isn’t the only thing that makes this approach stand out from the usual nefarious attempts. The bad actors behind it included the JS card skimmer within the site’s core files instead of loading it from a third-party site under their control.
Then, to keep their tracks covered, the payment information is saved within two image files in the wp-content/uploads directory, with these files being zeroed out before being noticed.
What can you do about it? As per Sucuri, it’s recommended for all WordPress users to disable the direct file editing for wp-admin by adding the following line to your wp-config.php file: define( ‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, true );
Make headlines great again
Let’s take this extra time to sharpen your copywriting skills. This Twitter thread created by Marketing Examples shows you how to write the perfect landing page headline.
It’s a long thread, but here are the main takeaways:
+ You are on a speed date: You gotta make your product interesting in just six words. And if you can’t, sell its benefits rather than the features.
Check out the transformation of this headline for an automation tool. Before: “All in one social media automation”. After: “Turn followers into customers”. Which one is better?
+ There’s no universal approach: The optimal headline will largely depend on the buying temperature of your traffic. Are they looking for a solution? Or are they just trying to understand the problem?
+ Fancy titles do not work. Keep things simple, such as this example for an energy bar headline.
The headline has been transformed from “Has been love at first sight” to “Coffee-infused bars”. See how the first one doesn’t say anything about the product, whereas the second one does?
There are more tips on the original posts, as well as some even more helpful real-life examples… after all, their name is “Marketing Examples”…
📺 Netflix for Marketers
Affiliate World have curated some of their most-viewed speeches, exclusive replays from Affiliate World Asia 2019, and newly recorded one-on-one interviews free for you on their YouTube channel. They are a certain inspiration for your next campaigns.
Get full access to the entire playlist of AWA19 speech replays from the record-breaking event in Bangkok. Check out speeches like $100k per day on Lead Gen, $20k/day Facebook Ads Systems and 9-Figure Dropshipping E-comm panel.
One on one intimate interviews with the industry’s top marketers who took the time to step away from their campaigns to discuss their journey with Affiliate World, like Anthony Paluzzi (Pay Per Call Affiliate), Timotej Gračner (Ecommerce Affiliate), Aleyda Solis (SEO expert) and more coming!
For the beginners or those looking to diversify. Check out the “Making a Marketer” playlist and level up your marketing skills with speeches like How To Run & Scale Native Ads, Copywriting Masterclass and Google Ads Cannon Strategy.
Dynamic Creatives. Campaign Structure. Targeting. Custom Audiences. Placements. Retargeting. CBO. Scaling. Facebook Ads is a beast. Watch this to learn how to tame it.
These 10 Game Changers are elite affiliates who have a hunger to redefine what is traditional.
Collectively, this playlist has had over 1.1M views because the recipes to their most successful campaigns are revealed on stage. Come and digest them. And run your ads like a Game Changer.
Savannah Sanchez shares her whole Facebook Ads set up
If you haven’t yet developed a complete Facebook Ads set up for your campaigns, this is going to be extremely useful.
Savannah Sanchez shared her whole structure. You might shamelessly copy/paste it or just take inspiration for the sectors you’re still trying to figure out.
- Budget split: 70% prospecting, 30% retargeting.
- Always exclude your remarketing from prospecting ad sets.
- Know your time lag to purchase to determine the retargeting window.
- Leverage Broad audiences and Interest expansion: Interest + Detailed Targeting Expansion.
- Conversion optimization window: 7 day click + 1 day view.
- Always use automatic placements, except for Stories campaigns.
- Optimization: Always for Purchase.
- Bidding: Lowest cost or value optimized.
- CBOs with similar audiences, but avoid audience overlap.
- No more than 15 active ad sets per account.
- Dynamic Product Ads for retargeting VIew Content And Add To Cart audiences.
- Let your ad sets get out of the learning phase before performances start sinking.
There you go. Cheers to Savannah for this thread! You can head to her post to get more details or ask some questions.
- GOOGLE: French authorities’ decision to force Google to pay news publishers (we featured this in yesterday’s email) might set the stage for Google to pay for news content across Europe.
- INSTAGRAM: Instagram Live streams can now be watched from the social network’s web version.
- GOOGLE: The company suspended the publication of new reviews due to the employee shortage caused by the quarantine. They’re gradually restarting their activity.
- SEO: This video brings 11 advanced and actionable SEO tips. PS: You can watch the video at double speed and save time.
Spelled forwards I’m what you do everyday, spelled backwards I’m something you hate. What am I?
You can find the solution by clicking here.
Cool tech, (funny) business, lifestyle and all the other things affiliates like to chat about while sipping cocktails by the pool.
Congrats, it’s a… Zonkey!
In a world gripped by COVID-19 chaos, at least somebody is having fun. And the result of this fun is very rare indeed.
A donkey and a zebra, sitting under a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G. One thing led to another and guess what… they had a baby.
It had stripes, but they weren’t dark and barely covered her body.
Literally speaking, it was a zonkey, a zebra-donkey hybrid.
The team at Kenya’s Tsavo East National Park figured out that the lady zebra had become very acquainted with an amorous donkey during her time with the cattle herd last year. And the rest is history.
“The zonkey combines the sturdy body of its donkey sire and the striped legs of its zebra mother, which makes for a striking creature.
While it should otherwise lead a normal life, zonkeys are mules, meaning that it will be unable to successfully breed once it reaches maturity.”
Well, unless you plan on making it into history books as well, stay at home everyone and don’t mate with random strangers.
Just for the time being, just until the lockdowns end…