4 easy moves to squeeze more Benjis from your list
The cost of FB Ads are still on the rise, leading everybody to recognize the importance of email to grow their back end revenue. So, to set you up for the upcoming Black Friday event, here’s a post about how to spike open rates and deliverability.
Joshua Chin said he was able to amount $4k from just one email. Not because there was something magical inside that email, but simply because it had a high deliverability rate on an 18k list.
Higher deliverability means that more subscribers opened the email. Final result: More chances to get ’em to buy.
Let’s see the 3 crucial things you should do to keep your deliverability high, according to Joshua:
+ Clean your list: Quality beats quantity. Remove all those inactive and invalid subscribers, because they will increase your bounce rate and kill your overall deliverability.
More specifically, these are the type of subscribers you should remove:
- People whose email has bounced more than once.
- People who received 10+ emails from you but failed to open any of them.
- People who have received 15+ emails from you but haven’t checked out or placed an order.
- People who haven’t opened any of your emails in the last 120 days (4 months is generally a good rule of thumb).
+ Manage customers’ email preference: Ask your subscribers how often they want to receive updates from you. Then, segment according to these preferences. Joshua says that just doing this will considerably improve your opens, reduce unsubscribes and improve deliverability.
+ Make unsubscribing easy: This looks counterintuitive, but if someone wants to leave your list, they’re not worth hanging on to. He/she will never buy from you or open your emails.
Still worse, those subscribers will push your deliverability down by not opening your emails, and they could even flag them for spam. Making it easier for them to leave is just a much simpler option.
The right timing
Another adjustment Gerard Forte suggests is testing your campaign sending times. You can increase your open rate without putting in any extra work simply by split testing different sending times.
Every list will respond differently to different times, so don’t look at benchmarks and other people’s tests. Do your own tests and discover the best time for you.
Breaking! Taboola and Outbrain, big rivals, have agreed to merge!
Well, well, well… Looks like someone might be able to give FB and Google a good fight.
Taboola and Outbrain are both known as the 2 biggest native ads platforms out there. Outbrain alone has a reach that surpasses Facebook in some regards, according to this report.
Outbrain now reaches 1.2B people a month, while Taboola beats it with 1.4B monthly. Not bad!
It has just been announced that the 2 have agreed terms of a merger.
What we know so far is that Taboola will hold 70% of the merged company and also pay $250M to Outbrain shareholders.
Our first impression is that this is pretty good news for advertisers. It means a potential 3rd player in the FB + Google duopoly (at least until Amazon gets rolling).
It might not all be good news for publishers though, because there is one less major player for them to monetize content.
We’re still wrapping our heads around this one because it came last minute.
True story: We actually had everything prepared for today’s newsletter, then had to change it 30 minutes before it went out!
🏆 BlueFriday’s Global Traffic Competition is calling all affiliates – get $50k for top spot!
Yeah, you read that right! There’s also $30k up for grabs for 2nd and $20k for 3rd. Curious what this is about? Of course you are!
BlueFriday, a premium community of affiliates and online entrepreneurs, has put together a massive competition for affiliate marketers.
You can go solo or team up with up to 2 other affiliates for a team of maximum 3. You will be running traffic with select affiliate networks for offers like SOI sweeps, CC sweeps, COD, nutra trials and straight sales, all uncapped budget!
Of course, all the revenue is yours and will get paid out weekly, or bi-weekly, depending on the offer type.
What counts in towards getting that prize? Your revenue between 1st and 30th November 2019. Simple as that. Most revenue takes home the victory and the money.
For those who don’t make the top 3, you can still get the following if you make it to the top 8:
- Free Blue Friday University enrollment.
- Membership for Blue Friday’s “The $10k Daily Income Club”
- VIP accounts for Idvert and Youmi, two popular spy tools.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg of this competition. You should check out all the details on Blue Friday’s website right here.
You have until 23rd October, then the sign ups are closed! We’d suggest you sign up right away, then hit up your friends to plan out your grind to take home the top prize!
PS: Would you like your company to become a partner for this competition, whether an affiliate network, traffic source or tool? Get in touch with Rose at [email protected].
Audience building strategies based on website events
Are you a beginner to intermediate FB Ads Marketer? How are you currently building your audiences?
If you haven’t yet come across a documented strategy that works consistently for you, here’s something you might wanna consider.
Chase Chappel suggests building your audiences and driving them to your website based on the number of Pixel events firing on your website for various actions.
So, if you have:
+ Less than 500 Pixel events:
- Switch to CBO campaigns (campaign budget optimization).
- Create custom audiences based on your existing customer email lists or any other relevant data you can use to create custom audiences.
- Create lookalikes from these custom audiences.
- Leave your targeting wide open.
+ 500 to 10k Pixel events:
- Create lookalikes based on the conversion specific events on your website. Test 30, 60, 90, 180-day date ranges, with Ad frequency set at 2 – 3 and then create lookalikes based on specific URLs.
- Increase budgets on campaigns where you are able to get at least 50 conversions over a 7-day period.
- Use UTM/URL parameters to retrieve this data and create more custom audiences based on segments of good quality leads and customers.
+ 10k and more Pixel events:
- Break your lookalikes into 1-2%, 2-3%, 3-4%.
- Move all of your best performing lookalikes into a CBO campaign and set the daily budget high enough to get 50 conversions per ad set.
- At this stage, you can now start testing target cost bid strategies.
- Upload custom audiences segmented by your best and worst customers, highest quality and lowest quality customers, fastest converters and slowest converters.
- Create audiences based on behavior flows in your funnel.
- Start narrowing your targeting. Analyze your data and look for data points such as – If users above the age of 65 are not converting, exclude them from your targeting.
You will have a lot of data by the end, so you should be able to do a lot of similar optimization and make more informed decisions.
Since you now have a lot of informed data based on these strategies, you won’t have to rely entirely on “FB Insights” or other tools, which can never be as accurate as data created from your own actions.
Cheers to your advertising journey!
- GOOGLE: Standard Delivery will be the only delivery option for Search, Shopping and campaigns using shared budgets. API and script users currently using Accelerated Delivery will find these error codes.
- E-COMMERCE: Alex Fedotoff shares his strategy to sell high-ticket dropshipping products in the $100+ range and improve your margins.
- SEO: Google is soon going to update the user agent for its Evergreen GoogleBot. If you are using any user agent detection scripts hard coded for GoogleBot, here’s what you need to do.
- SHOPIFY: Shopify Advertising platform announces new integration with Microsoft Ads. You can now run Search campaigns right within the Shopify platform.
- MARKETING: So many of us keep sharing our awesome case studies on a regular basis. Here’s something that can help you write case studies that convert more clients.
I am a word of six; my first three letters refer to an automobile; my last three letters refer to a household animal; my first four letters is a fish; my whole is found in your room. What am I?
You’ll find the answer at the end of this email.
Cool tech, (funny) business, lifestyle and all the other things affiliates like to chat about while sipping cocktails by the pool.
Disinformation campaigns: Prices and where to get them
You probably know about the dark web. You know, that place where you can buy a hitman or some of your other favourite things…
However, the latest trend is all about disinformation campaigns. Yeah…
Disinformation campaigns are something that statesmen have already used to influence elections and public opinion. But now, it’s something that anyone can use.
Insikt Group did an experiment about it. They created a fictitious company and used two separate dummy accounts to approach two dark web users who were offering disinformation services.
One was asked to build a positive campaign. The other negative campaigns. These campaigns cost around $6.5k, and after that was paid their campaigns were running on social media on a variety of accounts. This included both new and well-established pages.
The researchers described the process as alarmingly simple considering all the implications this can have. For example, they can be used for stock market manipulation…
You can also have an article on BuzzFeed if you’re eager to shell out enough cheese.
Curious about this? Read the whole experiment here. It also includes a menu for every different post on social media or content websites.
We hope we didn’t plant any terrible ideas in your mind…