Lead form extensions are finally out
Nǐ hǎo! Over the weekend, many Google Search marketers were ecstatic to find this new ad extension in their Ad interface.
It’s a new way for lead gen businesses to capture their customer information with lead form extensions.
How will it work? It displays a compelling call-to-action text, which can only be accessed by the user after they fill out a lead form.
What more can be done with these extensions?
- You can also customize these lead forms with your own title, description and the type of information you want to collect from your potential customers.
Customer information can include any combination of customer name, email, phone number and postcode.
- Design and upload your own background image.
- Customize the message that appears after users submit their information.
- Direct integration of customer information from lead forms in your CRM.
- You also have the option of adding your call-to-action in the form of a website link or even a direct download.
For now, lead form extensions are currently a beta feature only available to a select number of businesses, and some sensitive verticals and sub-verticals aren’t eligible for them.
Direct from my rep updates
David Schloss shared some updates from his Facebook Rep. Fortunately, most of them have already been shared by us in previous briefings. Today, we’ll just report the pending updates. Cheers!
- The impact of the Marketplace: According to Facebook’s latest tests, the Marketplace (intended as a placement) offers a chance for advertisers to achieve higher CR, lower CPA and increased reach. To give you an idea, we’re talking about a 67% CR increase for the businesses they tested with.
- How to build momentum for the holiday season: People will start their holiday shopping earlier. These early-bird shoppers are the ones you gotta leverage to get those sales rolling earlier and to build momentum for the peak shopping season. Facebook shared 4 ways to build this momentum.
That’s all. David’s update is much longer, but we’ve already shared the rest of the updates previously.
🌎 Join us for Global Marketing Day 2019: Free, one-of-a-kind, 24-hours live streamed online conference!
October 30th to October 31st, our calendars are totally booked for Global Marketing Day. We’re going to be glued to our screens checking out this unique event. Yep, you can watch the whole thing online, from the comfort of your home!
Event partner Outbrain is probably a name you are very familiar with already, since they are a regular sponsor of our daily newsletter. You can thank them for being one of the companies to help make this badass event happen! And you can also thank SEMrush because they are the hosts of this special event!
So what is this whole conference about you ask?
24 hours, 4 cities (Sydney, London, New York, San Francisco), countless speakers, one free live stream that anyone can watch by signing up here.
OK, we get it… 24 hours is a lot and you’re not a machine like us* to watch it all. You might be interested in some of these particular speeches:
- Dennis Yuscavitch, VP of Global Product Marketing at Outbrain: How Blockchain Technology Will Impact the Media and Advertising Business in the Coming Years.
- John Shehata, VP of Audience Development Strategy at Condé Nast: 21 Skills to Supercharge Your In-House SEO Especially for Small Teams in Big Companies.
- JD Prater, Quora Evangelist: How Marketers Boost Traffic With Quora as an Additional Marketing Channel.
Advertising, SEO and social media marketing are all big parts of Global Marketing Day so there’s something for everyone.
As we’ve said before, the best thing is it’s super easy to join. You just have to register here and you’ll be able to watch the whole 24 hours for free from anywhere in the world!
*Our programming does not let us confirm nor deny if we are indeed, just a bot pumping out newsletters.
High Converting Landing Page Checklist
What’s one thing we can all agree on? The more clicks that turn into sales, the better, right?
To help you do just that, we found this interesting post by James Marvin. It shows how he builds high converting landing pages, and it could easily turn into your landing page checklist!
Moving to it:
- Summon them in: Let the visitor know that he/she is in the right place by calling them out in the headline: “Are you a photographer?”.
- Hook them within 30 seconds: Put a shocking claim in the headline.
- Back up this shocking headline in the subheader, providing more details and proof of your claim.
- Relate to the reader by asking questions only a person who has walked in their shoes would dare to ask: “Are you doing X over and over and expecting different results?”
- Provide the solution: Let them know that you can help them solve their problem. Include a CTA after this part.
- Recall their problem while being personal.
- Show the simplicity of your solution.
- Put them in a time machine: Help them visualize their life after purchasing your product.
- Establish credibility: Show how you/your product has already helped other people.
- Create a big list of benefits. Include a CTA after this part.
- Provide social proof.
- Make your offer: Now’s the time to pitch. Show your discounts, bonuses, promotions etc.
- Justify how the investment is already within the reader’s budget to help eliminate any lingering money issues they might have.
- Add scarcity. This could be a time-based offer or the number of items available.
- Remove the risk completely by offering a warranty, easy returns, etc.
- Command them to act.
- Warn them about the effects of inaction.
Finished. It’s a basic template to build a sales page. The nice thing is that James backed his words with a video showing a landing page as an example. Check it out and see how to implement each one of the previous points.
- PINTEREST: A new feature will help users to gain more control over their feed. Basically, they can “manipulate” the algorithm that controls which Pins are shown to users.
- BOT MARKETING: ManyChat users will now be able to add colours and a logo in the native QR code generator growth tool. Here’s how you can implement it.
- APPLE: Marketers are attacking Apple for the new version of Safari, which blocks cross-site tracking. Apple responded by stating that cross-site tracking has become too pervasive. Where do you stand?
- CRYPTO: Facebook reveals plans to create its cryptocurrency by pegging it to a basket of national currencies, whose holdings would be set by the Libra Association.
- FACEBOOK: Helping you survive the Facebook-Banning season, here’s a compliance guide shared by Adam Feldman. It’s very detailed, unlike FB’s vague policy.
- ADVERTISING: Apple is trying to make its Apple News platform more accessible to advertisers. One of the steps has been a deal with Verizon to sell ads on the Apple platform, but it also includes new guidelines for publishers.
What 8 letter word can have a letter taken away and it still makes a word. Take another letter away and it still makes a word. Keep on doing that until you have one letter left. What is the word?
You’ll find the answer at the end of this email.
Cool tech, (funny) business, lifestyle and all the other things affiliates like to chat about while sipping cocktails by the pool.
World’s largest starfish… be like huge
Last Wednesday, China celebrated its 70 anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China.
What was different about their celebration? They unveiled the World’s largest airport, the 2nd one in Beijing.
Why? Because, with China’s wealthy middle-class set to double in size in the next decade, one in every five air passengers will be Chinese.
It cost them around $17.5B to build this giant, and it will be able to handle 45M annual travelers by 2021, 72M by 2025 and eventually 100M at its full capacity by 2040.
Most of the domestic and international airlines, including major aircraft makers, are lobbying for a slice of this huge pie. However, trade tensions between the US and China might complicate the matters.
Boeing values China’s air market, which includes the planes, manufacturing and support services at $3Tn. However, as expected from the Chinese Govt, they will be encouraging their airlines to buy Chinese-made aircraft.
And no, this is not going to affect dropshipping, so we can now head back to our daily grind.
The word is starting! starting, staring, string, sting, sing, sin, in, I. Cool, huh?